B- Gina Publications respects each individual’s right to personal privacy. We will collect and use information through our web site only in the ways disclosed in this statement. This statement applies solely to information collected at Social Media Today’s web site.
Part I. Information Collection and Security
B-Gina Publications only collects information on our websites submitted by registered users. Such information may include user-submitted news and events, uploaded photos, profiles, private messages, blog posts, classifieds, job and company listings, products and service reviews, and events,. The information is collected by the voluntary submittal of such by registered users.
B- Gina Publications’ websites employs the use of “cookies”. A cookie is a small text file that our web server places on a user’s computer hard drive to be a unique identifier. Cookies enable B- Gina Publications to track usage patterns and deliver customized content to users. Our cookies do not collect personally identifiable information.
B- Gina Publications does not divulge any personally identifiable information about registered users or B- Gina Publications members to outside parties for any reason (with the exception of a request made for such information [which is legally warranted and presented in person] by an official law enforcement official or agency). Members can choose the level of access to their profile information the allow by using the “Permission” setting on the profile pages.
For COPPA compliance (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), B- Gina Publications asserts that its web site contains nothing designed, displayed or formatted to attract, influence, interest, or solicit anyone under the age of eighteen. B- Gina Publications memberships are available only to individuals 18 and older.
Part II. Information Usage
The information collected by B- Gina Publications is used for the purposes of our websites only. Registered users may receive additional announcements from us about site news, events, private messages, uploaded photos, blog posts, and web site updates. Out of respect for the privacy of our registered users, we present the option to not receive these types of communications.
We do offer links to other web sites. Please note: When you click on links to other web sites, we encourage you to read their privacy policies. Their standards may differ from ours.
Because our web site also offers user-submitted posts and comments, please be advised that information posted in these venues becomes public knowledge with the submittal of any information or images contained therein.
Part III. Access to Information
Registered users who wish to delete their information from our database must notify us by email.
Part IV. Problem Resolution
If problems arises from your use of this website, please feel free to email Social Media Today.
How does B- Gina Publications use my personal information?
Depending on the portion of our site that you have subscribed to or interacted with, we may use your information in a number of ways.
- The email address you provided through our newsletter subscription form enables us to send you a daily digest of B-Gina Publications news stories. This subscription is entirely opt-in by the user. (We cannot subscribe you to the newsletter as you personally must have access to the email account in order to verify the subscription.) Subscribers can opt-out of our newsletter at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link that is present on every email at the very bottom of the newsletter.
- The email address that you use when contacting us with an editorial tip or via our Contact Form will not be used for any reason but for the purposes of responding to your inquiry.
- The email address associated with your account when you comment on our stories may be used in conjunction with contests and promotions hosted on B-Gina Publications’ website to notify you if you have won. Email addresses provided in comments are not usually used for any other reason except that they may be used as a customer service and policy violation contact mechanism
- If you choose to comment on B-Gina Publications stories through Twitter and/or Facebook Connect, we do not get access to your email address nor do we have any access to your personal data or private information.
- We ask for a Twitter or Facebook account to verify the legitimacy of accounts voting in our B-Gina Publications Awards. We do not get any access to your personal data or private information.
- You volunteer your email address and other identifying information on our social network, B-Gina Publications Follow. We use your email address only to inform you if there is activity on your profile. You can opt out of these messages at any time.
- Your email address associated with a Job Board listing is kept for filing purposes only. We may follow up with you to confirm or clarify a job listing but for no other reason.
- We may at times request your participation in a survey. We will not provide your email addresses to any third party but may contact you via them to distribute prizes in associated giveaways.
- We may also share your email address or other information with third-party vendors including, but not limited to those like Rapleaf and Klout. Such information will be used for data analytics and advertising targeting. However, we do not sell individual personal data or email addresses or allow them to be used for mailings you have not asked to receive.
When you sign up for our updates or receive e-mail messages from B-Gina Publications, you will always be given the chance to opt-out of our communications. You may change your preferences at any time and will only be contacted in manners consistent with your stated preferences.
Non-personally identifiable information (such as stated above) may be shared in aggregate form with our advertisers, business, or marketing partners but your personally identifiable information will never be disclosed to them.
Who else has access to my personal information?
Accounts associated with B-Gina Publications are all ‘public.’ By ‘public,’ we mean that certain information will be viewable by all users. What you see on other user profiles is the same information that other users can see about you.
Is there anything else I should know about my privacy and B-Gina Publications?
Any information you disclose voluntarily on our comments page or in any properties hosted by B-Gina Publications becomes public information. TechNews Report is a public forum. We cannot control the action of our site users and advise you to use your discretion in sharing information about yourself on the Internet. All information sharing is optional and done so at your own risk. Privacy is a very personal matter and we encourage you to be careful and responsible when disclosing personal information online.
B-Gina Publications Comment Policy
We never censor comments based on political or ideological point of view or of a critical nature. We reserve the right to delete those comments that are off-topic, “spammy” in nature, abusive, use excessive foul language, or include ad hominem attacks.
Once a comment is made public on the B-Gina Publications website, we will not remove it by request. As a user, you are responsible for your own communications and are responsible for the consequences of their posting.
All comments and other content contributed to B-Gina Publications shall adhere to the following policy, and may be edited or removed at B-Gina Publications’s discretion if it is deemed to be in violation of this policy.
- Personal Attacks: Please don’t engage in personal attacks (on authors, other users or any individual), persistent trolling or mindless abuse. The B-Gina Publications community should focus on intelligently discussing topics by furthering the conversation and informing the participants with resourceful and constructive ideas.
- Hate speech: Racism, sexism and homophobia will not be tolerated.
- Language and Threats: Please watch your language and respect other people’s views, beliefs and emotions. We reserve the right to remove any content that might be found extremely offensive or threatening.
- No Spam: Spam and advertising content will be removed.
- Smear Tactics: Although we acknowledge criticism of our articles and our writers, we will not allow misrepresentation. We will distinguish between constructive arguments and smear tactics.
- Relevancy: Please keep conversations relevant. Off-topic comments are subject to removal in order to keep the thread on track.
- Quality: We encourage you to take responsibility for the quality of the conversations in which you’re participating. Maintain intelligent discussions in the B-Gina Publications community by being respectful and considerate.
- Help us: Maintain an inviting interaction space by self-policing threads and flagging spam. Although we have a hands-on approach to community engagement, we do sometimes miss problem commenters or trolls. We appreciate your efforts to keep the B-Gina Publications community environment inviting, insightful and constructive. Let the conversations be quality ones.
B- Gina Publications’ Follow Profile Policy
B- Gina Publications’ online social network is entirely opt-in by our members. The accounts listed in our database are created by members of the B- Gina Publications Follow network.