Romania accelerator Techcelerator, that financially supports tech startups via its exclusive partner, GapMinder, has selected 8 startups for its second cohort.
The 8 startups will benefit from intensive business mentoring for a 10-week period, plus a EUR 25.000 investment from the GapMinder venture capital fund, co-financed through the Competitiveness Operational Program.
Techcelerator targeted companies in the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) phase from areas such as IT and software, cyber security, artificial intelligence (AI) or machine learning (ML), digital transformation, IT solutions for the health sector, FinTech (including applications in the blockchain area). Team members and their cohesion represented another important factor in the evaluation process.
The start-ups that will be part of the second batch of Techcelerator are:
- BAAM, a real estate marketplace based on AI and Blockchain which engages real estate customers to buy properties overseas timely, wisely, securely and seamlessly.
- DCDN, a decentralized content delivery network that creates a transparent and equitable ecosystem for content sharing and revenue distribution.
- FormulaDB, a database and low-code platform allowing business users to implement their own data-intensive applications. No programming skills are required.
- uVibe, a real time city guide for choosing the best places in town based on social signals.
- LiveCare, ahardware and software solution for monitoring hospitalized patients in real-time. LiveCarePatch is wireless, small, water resistant, easy to wear and designed for daily use.
- Beez, a free and fun application that helps you start saving today, and which will allow you to achieve financial stability through budgeting planning and two-click, effortless investing.
- XVision, an automated x-ray analysis application that can put out a diagnostic for an x-ray by providing a heat map of areas of interest in the image.
- Stockberry, an artificial intelligence and advanced statistics app that computes a relevant sentiment indicator and evaluates the risk of your stock or cryptocurrency portfolio.
The 8 startups will each benefit from a first round of EUR 25.000 investment from the exclusive GapMinder partner, in return for a 6 percent stake in the company. At the end of the program, startups that proved traction and good progress have the chance to be invited to a second round of investment of up to EUR 75,000, convertible into shares.