This year’s Startup Battlefield Africa 2018, a startup pitch competition held by renown technology blog Tech Crunch, will take place in Lagos, Nigeria on December 11, and startups across the world are busy applying for a chance to pitch before startup experts from across the world.
“We want to give every innovative early-stage startup in the region the chance to compete, which is why we’re extending the application deadline another week. We encourage tech startup founders (yes, we’re looking at YOU) to apply and join us for what may very well be a life-changing journey. You now have until September 10 at 5 p.m. PT to fill out and submit your application right here,” the company has said in a blog post.
Since 2007, more than 750 companies have competed in the startup pitch competition with the competition boasting alumni. such as Dropbox, Mint, TripIt, Vurb among others, who have collectively, raised more than $8 billion in funding and produced 102 exits.
From the applications received, 00 startups will be picked to compete, and those founders will receive free pitch coaching from Battlefield-tested editors. Startup Battlefield is 100 percent free.
To be eligible, startups should meet the following criteria:
- Be early-stage companies in “launch” stage
- Be headquartered in one of our eligible countries*
- Have a fully working product/beta that’s reasonably close to, or in, production
- Have received limited press or publicity to date
- Have no known intellectual property conflicts
- Apply by September 10, 2018, at 5 p.m. PST