Buying the new mobile out there is fashionable. And buying the most expensive one out there with the much hyped release and launch is uber fashionable. However when it’s the higher price range that you are targeting, you would definitely expect your phone to give a run worthy of its price – a phenomenon which we rate as the value for money of the phone.
While there are a number of buying guides to follow out there along with the countless comparison shopping sites as well as reviewing platforms which would give you an idea of which products are good for buying, it is good to know which phone will give the longer run to the money you spend while buying the phone.
Since under all considerations, the most money is spent on phones that come in the high end price segment, the following list of consumer awareness notes about the most high budget phones in the market should be helpful while deciding your next splurge:
The highest price tagged products this year have been undoubtedly from the regular premium considered contenders including Samsung, HTC, Sony and BlackBerry. (Nokia missed out on being overtly pricey this time because they are focusing upon the feature segment now):
- Samsung Galaxy S4:
- The Features: The Samsung Galaxy S4 is all about features. There’s nothing much to go on about the design of the Samsung Galaxy S4 which is almost same as the Samsung Galaxy SIII except for its larger dimensioned display. Samsung Galaxy S4 features a number of fancy gesture based utilities like air time, air jump and eye control etc. These features allow you to interact with your device without any physical touch. However these are utilities that are not essentially value add ons and are mere add on to your phone. The specifications of the S4 of course boasts of 13 MP primary camera, 2 MP front camera, Octa core processor etc which make it a rigid performer.
- The Price: The features being what they are and the brand being Samsung, the Samsung Galaxy S4 price stands at a best buy of 33,897 INR.
- The Value: The Samsung Galaxy S4 even though not as well appreciated as the SIII definitely carries a better ratio of specifications to the price tag when compared with other phones at greater price tags like the HTC One or the Blackberry Z10 thus giving a better run to the money spent on it.
2. HTC One:
- The Features: The HTC One is probably the most beautifully designed phone to be launched in 2013. A full aluminium body with the display plunging on from end to end more than any other phone, gives the HTC One the credibility of being a visual comfort. However apart from this the HTC One features the usual specifications which one might expect from a high end phone as itself including a 4.7 inch full HD display, an ultrapixel primary camera and a 2.1 MP front camera, 1.7 GHz Quad Core processor and Beats Audio as is usual with HTC devices.
- The Price: The HTC One price is at a best of 38,999 INR.
- The Value: While the combination of extremely good looks and standard respectable specifications make the HTC One delight for those who are looking for an eye candy of a phone, the price at which it comes definitely does not stand at a good ratio with the features implying it gives a lesser run of value for your money than the Samsung Galaxy S4 or a Sony Xperia Z even.
3. Sony Xperia Z:
- The Features: Talking about the features of the Sony Xperia Z brings about one thing around, being waterproof. That is the most marketed feature of the Sony Xperia Z. However what one fails to see is why would anyone bother drenching a phone as pricey as this. Apart from this the Sony Xperia Z definitely has good looks although not the best, 1.5 GHz quad core processor, 5 inch display, 13.1 MP primary camera and a 2.2 MP front camera. All in all good standard features again.
- The Price: The Sony Xperia Z carries a best price of 31,590 INR.
- The Value: At this price and with the features it carries the Sony Xperia Z carries a better value for money from the Samsung Galaxy S4 when a ratio of the specifications and the price is taken.
Ranking According To Value Proposition:
||2. Samsung Galaxy S4||3. HTC One|
Note: The Sony Xperia Z ranks first considering a comparative ratio between its specifications and the price it is available at followed by the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the HTC One, the value being calculated in a similar manner.
[author] Rupam works in the areas of marketing and media relations at FindYogi, a product comparison engine. [/author]