Any company opting for a CRM package needs to understand the importance of inclusion of everybody in the implementation including its client base. The reason for an all-inclusive approach is because the CRM package covers different aspects in the company like process management, record keeping, lead management, increased productivity etc. The biggest benefactor of the CRM package has to be the client base of any organization. The company has to ensure that all changes implemented via the CRM system help in improving the client servicing aspect of the company.
In order to get the best out of the CRM system, we have pinpointed the below ten conditions that every company has to look at.
- Use a top-to-bottom approach – In order to get the CRM system working successfully for your company, you will have to ensure that the top executives of the organization take the lead in driving the implementation process.
- Establish a benchmark to measure success of the CRM package – The best way to check if the CRM package is working for your organization is to have each department set up benchmarks that will help them quantify the impact of the CRM package.
- Merge corporate goals with the benchmark – Companies that have successfully implemented the CRM package have managed to merge their corporate goals with the benchmarks. This has helped them look at the success of the CRM package from a 360 degree viewpoint.
- Do not go overboard with change – The biggest difference between success and failure of a CRM package is the amount of change undertaken by the company. Successful implementations have been possible because companies have differentiated between processes which needed modifications and the ones which needed to be completely overhauled.
- Involve employees and clients – The only way for a CRM system to work successfully is if the implementation process involves both employees and clients. This will give you a well-rounded view of the CRM package.
- Ensure regular training for the workforce – Like every technology, a CRM package changes over time. Hence, it is important that the workforce be constantly trained to adapt to the changes in the CRM package.
- Have a core team for implementation and training – In order to ensure a successful implementation, have a core team that will handle the entire implementation process and then handle the subsequent training of the workforce. This core team should have representations from every line of business.
- Have a timeline in place for the implementation – Most companies make the mistake of implementing the CRM system in one shot. The better way is to divide the implementation into 3 or 4 different phases that will ensure a much smoother integration.
- Use standard modules in the first phase – Start your implementation process by using the standard modules in phase 1. Once you know how these modules work with your systems, you can introduce the customized modules in phase 2.
- Have a backup plan ready for every phase of implementation – When you roll out each implementation phase, always factor in additional days as a backup if there are any glitches during the implementation. This will give you enough time to fix the glitches without affecting the remaining implementation process.