Mobile internet services currently play a significant role in the promotional campaigns of any contemporary business owner. With the sheer number of smartphones flying off the racks worldwide being at an all-time high, and people increasingly preferring to access the web on the go – you can hardly ignore the importance of having a fast-working, informative mobile website. The mobile website design needs to be such that, visitors would be able to find out the most important details of your business, through merely clicking a few buttons on their handsets. In this article, we will focus on the main reasons why you should definitely have a mobile-friendly website:
- Need for quick information – Gone are the days when people needed to be in front of a PC with internet connectivity, to look for any information on the web. In the busy, modern world, users need for information on the spur of the moment, and unless you are able to provide the same – your competitors would trump you. Having a mobile website would help you stay connected with your targeted customers, at all times.
- Device responsiveness – If you avail of the services of a qualified mobile website design expert, you can rest assured that your website will be displayed properly, irrespective of the variety of Smartphone that is used to view it.
- Consistency in brand-building – Preparing a version of your website for the mobile platform also serves as a convenient, cost-effective vehicle to strengthen your brand presence. Make sure that all the branding elements in your mobile website and its general counterpart are identical – to boost up brand recognition.
- Presence of a base to start from – Preparing a mobile-optimized website involves making suitable modifications in your existing website (for computers). You need not build a mobile website from scratch, which, in turn, saves a significant amount of time and money. Only the most important elements of the existing website have to be selected for displaying on the home page of its mobile version.
- Fast proliferation of mobile commerce – There is no reason to assume that mobile internet users only look for information on the web. Quick commercial transactions are also carried out by people through their smartphones. In fact, the total monetary value of such m-commerce transactions is expected to touch USD 31 billion, by 2016. Hence, if you do not have a mobile commerce website, you can lose out on significant revenue-earning opportunities.
- Provision of local search options – Users can often wish to quickly know about the nearest Chinese restaurant, or the address of the best bookstore in the locality. Mobile internet offers user-friendly local search options, so that your website would come up only when focused customers are looking for your products/services. Generating fruitful sales leads will also become that much easier.
- Simply trying to display the original website on mobile devices is not a good idea – The screen space of mobile handsets is way smaller than that of computers and laptops, and their resolution figures vary as well. A website that works just fine on a computer might look all cluttered and confusing, when viewed on a mobile. It is, hence, never advisable to try using your original website for mobile users. Instead, go for separate, well-thought out mobile website design plans.
Mobile websites also tend to be much quicker than their regular versions, simply because the former have minimal flash-content and other such add-on features. Prepare a proper mobile website design for your customers on the go, make sure that it works perfectly on all types of phones – and reach out to buyers, wherever they might be at any time!