This time of year is especially appropriate for businesses to provide a token of appreciation. You can make a lasting impression on potential and current customers with giveaways or promotional products. It doesn’t have to be big or expensive; even a small promotional product can say “thank you for your business” or “we’d like to do business with you.”
A survey commissioned by PPAI (Promotional Products Association International) revealed that consumers love receiving promotional products and would like to receive them more often. Not only are they appreciated, giveaways leave a lasting impression when it comes to remembering the product, the advertiser and the message:
• 91% of survey respondents had at least one promotional product in their kitchen at home.
• 74% said they had at least one promotional product in their cubicle or office at work.
• 55% had at least one promotional product at home in a closet or some other type of storage space.
Unlike brochures which are filed or thrown away, or advertising which is easily forgotten, giveaways garner attention. You’re in good company if you use promotional products as part of your marketing and advertising plan. Companies as varied as the American Heart Association, Indianapolis Indians, Quest Diagnostics, YMCA, and Chase Bank all use them to great effect.
Giving Promotional Products is Quick and Easy
Perhaps the best part of giving promotional products is that you don’t have to do a lot of work. Sales professionals help you sort through the thousands of available items to find one that is just right for your business. They can create special designs and shapes that will make your business really stand out to customers and prospects. Just supply a digital version of your logo and slogan, and your giveaways are easily customized to your business. Here are a few ideas you might consider that will leave a lasting impression:
• Business Card Magnets: Want to be one of the fortunate companies with a promotional product in everyone’s home or work environment? Perfect for realtors, home contractors, service providers, or small retail outlets, business card magnets slip easily into a thank you or holiday card for cost-effective mailing. Whenever prospects look at your magnet, they’ll have your contact information easily available.
• Tote Bags: People carry a lot during the holidays and will appreciate a convenient tote bag. Many grocery stores are providing incentives for customers to bring their own bags, and some communities are banning plastic bags altogether. When your name and slogan are imprinted on the bag, customers do the advertising for you each time they go shopping.
• Office Products: Many people have both home and work offices. Promotional products like letter openers, computer screen cleaners, or writing implements have twice the opportunity for exposure.
A small investment in giveaways or promotional products can leave a lasting impression on potential and current customers, and make a major impact on your bottom line.